Monday, September 20, 2010

One CRAZY week!

Last week was one of those weeks where you are REALLY excited for everything going on, but you are also REALLY glad when it is over because it is a bit exhausting! Last week was HOMECOMING week...we had the community pep rally on Wednesday, game Friday night, and Dance on Saturday night. We also had Donny's open house reception at my mom and dads house Saturday night. My parents definately had a housefull. Aunt Lori and cousin Allen came from Alabama, Sarah's parents came from California, and Kristen surprised everyone and came as well. The week was full of homecoming preparations, helping my parents with finishing touches for the reception, soccer games, baseball games, scouts, activity days, homework, and everything else that comes with our busy life :)
Cody started our week off with baseball and soccer!!! I love watching him play!!

HOMECOMING
Wednesday night was the community pep rally. This was really fun! The band performed, cheerleaders, dance team, they introduced all the sports teams, and they also announced the winners for the underclassman homecoming court. Jordan had called the week prior and told me she was nominated for Sophomore class Dutchess. Needless to say we were both surprised, but I was very excited for her. Her Sophomore class has over 700 kids, and she was one of four girls that got nominated. What an honor for her. Although she did not win, we were still very excited for her.Since Jordan is not 16, she went to homecoming with a group of her friends instead of a date. Here in Texas there is a tradition that the date gives the girl a "mum." Well, I didn't want her to feel left out, so last year I made her a mum. You would have thought I learned my lesson and wouldn't start making it at the last minute - but, I did!!! So Friday I was busy making her mum to wear to the game! I must say - I thought the mum looked great and she looked very cute getting ready to go to the game with her Texas sized MUM!!The Dance was Saturday night, so Jordan and her friend Haley got ready at my moms house together. (that way Jordan could visit and be part of the reception before going to the dance.)Wow, did they look gorgeous!!! What beautiful young ladies!! At about 8:30, off they went to the dance to meet up with their other girlfriends! AW, the good old days....brings back so many memories of fun homecoming days!!!
Back at mom and dad's house we were ready for the reception. Mom and Dad had been working so hard for over the past month getting the house all ready...Mom worked hard inside and dad worked hard outside on the yard. The boys did stop for a bit to take a break and enjoy some conversation!Everything looked beautiful! The serving table looked fantastic!! Great job on everything mom and dad!!! It was fun visiting before the reception started!! It is always fun to see dad with his family. Aunt Lori was so kind to come for the weekend!!Wendy, Kristi, and I had the great honor of helping in the kitchen and keeping the cheesecakes cut and ready to serve. (What a bummer job...standing by cheesecakes...I was absolutley miserable having to taste each one...hee, hee!!) A lot of people came to see Donny and Sarah...they both looked great!! It was a great turn out!
The reception ended and around 11:30, I had to say goodbye to rush back home. Jordan was coming home from the dance and crazy me....told her, I would make breakfast for her and her friends after the dance....SO..Rick and I were making pancackes at midnight!!! It was actually pretty fun to hear all of their stories!! Needless to say, it was an exhausting weekend, but very fun!!!

1 comment:

Kristi Clinger said...

You're such a great mom! It sounds like you had a crazy, but fun weekend. I love running into you at church.
That buffet table at Donny's receptions looks beautiful!