Sunday, June 7, 2009

SCHOOL IS OUT!!!

HOORAAAAAAYYYYYY!! That is all I have to say!!!! I am so happy school is over! This past month seemed SO crazy! And this last week was even crazier! First off was a surprise party for Chase's teacher. She is retiring this year. She is so amazing! Jordan had her when she was in second grade and we loved her then. Good luck Mrs. Chapman!!!That evening Jordan had her 8th grade graduation. Before I start - I can't even believe she is going to start high school next year. Where has the time gone???? She has grown into such a beautiful young lady. I keep thinking only 4 more years....and then.....the tears come! She is excited about attending Boyd High School (a very LARGE high school) and starting seminary. Rick and I wanted to make this a special night for Jordan, to let her know how proud we are of her. We don't pay the kids for getting good grades, so we wanted to let Jordan know we appreciate all her hard work. She ended up with honors - which meant she was not only on the A honor roll for 8th grade, but 6th and 7th too!!! Let's hope that continues in high school! We got her a wrist corsage that her dad put on her. What a sweet picture of her dad tieing her corsage. Jordan also got her first set of "real" jewelry! Earrings and a necklace in her birthstone color. (amythest) She looked so beautiful! Jordan is quite the social butterfly, so it was fun to see her having fun and giggling with her friends before the start of the graduation. She has been blessed with wonderful friends who have made her middle school years a blast!









The graduation was great! I couldn't believe how many kids there were, which made me wonder how long her high school graduation would be!!! Jordan, Dad and I are so proud of you. Keep up the hard work for the next four years. I can't believe how fast you are growing up. Thank you for being the sweet girl you are!
Cody's end of the year party was "SPLASH DAY!" All kindergartners look forward to splash day! This is a day of fun in the sun, playing in water, having races, and popsicles!
Cody was so excited and also so nervous it would be cancelled because of rain in the forecast! Luckily it was an awesome day....not too hot, a little overcast, and perfect for being outside. I would have to say Cody's favorite part of the day was playing with the shaving cream. He was completely covered. The funny part was that I looked over and he had about 4 little girls rubbing shaving cream all over him. Hopefully he knows this is the ONLY time for a LONG time a girl will be rubbing something on him. It was funny though.....he didn't think much of it and the girls just love Cody! I was partly in charge of the big day, so I recruited Rick to come help. He was in charge of refilling buckets with water, so in other words THE HOSE! He had fun squirting the kids and watching Cody with his friends. The kids had their last day on June 4th - I was so happy to be out of school and done with the craziness I wanted to cry! I LOVE summer! It is so nice to relax, take it easy, and just enjoy some time without homework and the busy life. Not to say we aren't busy, it is just a different kind of busy! Friday, me, my mom, and the little kids headed off to Temple, TX for my cousins graduation. Congratulations Bailey!!! We had a great time seeing my cousins and my aunt and uncle! We aren't ALL together very often, so when we are it is awesome! It is crazy, because my cousins are now starting to have kids....wow!
This week starts the beginning of summer! Jordan is headed off to girls camp in Arkansas for the week and Chase will be involved with his first Twilight Camp every evening! Which means Rick and I are attending our first Twilight Camp too! Today we were busy making his "swap ems" - they are totally cool....Paige and Cody will be taking it easy!!! So happy it's summer!!!!

No comments: