Thursday, April 23, 2009

Men At Work!

Is there anything cuter than little boys working with their dad??? I would say, NO! For over a year now our tree in the front yard has been quite a sad site. As hard as it tries - leaves just won't grow! We had an estimate to see what it would be to cut it down, and of course I thought they were crazy! I thought for sure we could just do it ourselves and save money. (Now when I say "we", you know I really mean - Rick :)
So Monday night Rick decided to try and dig it up hoping to losen it enough to pull out. As soon as Rick grabbed his shovel, he had two little shadows right behind him. Oh my gosh - I stood there watching these two little boys working so hard and taking it so seriously. Chase piled the dirt on his shovel and used every muscle he had to hoist it up to the garbage can. Cody wanted to follow his big brother, but found once he had so much dirt on his shovel he couldn't even lift it. Rick or Chase would help him lift it high enough that he could tip the shovel over and the dirt would fall into the trash. They worked until they had that trash can completely full of dirt.Of course the tree was being difficult and would hardly budge. Rick worked so hard chopping away at the roots and finally pulled it out with a chain and the car! Rick filled the dirt back in, so the tree is gone and we have a great looking pile of dirt bordered with rock.:) We are not sure what to do next - take out the rock and put in grass or have it be a nice planters box for flowers...decisions, decisions!!I am so lucky to have a husband who works so hard and teaches our boys the importance of work! Even better - I am grateful the boys are willing to work. Hopefully it will carry on with them as they get older.

No comments: